Quick and Easy 15 Minute Cinnamon Pumpkin Soup
“This fun play on pumpkin soup is creamy, delightfully earthy, and oh so satisfying. Every spoonful delivers well-balanced flavors accompanied by incredibly enticing aromatics.”
WATCH THE VIDEO
BUY ORGANIC CEYLON CINNAMON POWDER
Soups are excellent. They can be served as an appetizer, a main course, and are useful to have in the fridge for a convenient lunch. The key to making a great soup is tons of flavor and healthy ingredients. During the colder months, a soup must also radiate warmth and comfort. One soup that hits all the marks is cinnamon pumpkin soup. This pureed soup has complexity and is one of several ways to use cinnamon for weight loss while making a dish sure to satisfy. Although packed with pumpkin, organic Ceylon cinnamon powder is the star. It enhances all the other components with its woodsy, citrusy flavor and delicately sweet aroma.
Cinnamon Pumpkin Soup
- Add about a tablespoon of coconut oil into a large pot and heat over medium.
- Toss in the grated carrot and onion. Cook while stirring until they begin to soften (this will take about 2 minutes).
- Add the garlic and continue to cook while stirring for an additional minute or so.
- Spoon the pumpkin puree into the pot as well as the honey and organic Ceylon cinnamon powder (to give the soup flavor notes similar to that of cinnamon honey tea), ground ginger, and a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour in the chicken/vegetable broth while stirring and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the coconut milk. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Use a blender, food processor, or immersion blender to puree the soup to a smooth consistency.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
You will love this soup. You get the sweetness from the pumpkin, the cinnamon really comes through, the addition of honey makes it taste as if it has been infused with cinnamon honey tea, and the coconut milk adds richness. As for the organic Ceylon cinnamon powder, it not only delivers in flavor but is the best type of cinnamon for weight loss. Ceylon cinnamon keeps you feeling full and helps the body store less fat by lowering blood sugar levels and boosts energy.
BACK TO MENU ▲